Stalking Jack the Ripper Book Review-Spoiler Free

Image result for stalking jack the ripper
Stalking Jack the Ripper Book Review-Spoiler Free
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco is about 17 year old Audrey Rose Wadsworth. She lives with her father, Lord Wadsworth, and brother in 17th century London. Her father wants for Audrey Rose to live a normal life full of tea parties and dress fittings. While Audrey Rose doesn’t mind those things, she would much rather be with her uncle. Audrey Rose’s uncle performs autopsies from his basement laboratory. She loves forensic analysis, so every spare second she has she spends aiding her uncle. One day, a new body arrives for her uncle to autopsy. The body is that of a woman who has been brutally murdered. A string of these bodies arrive, so Audrey Rose decides to go out looking for the serial killer. The investigation comes very close to her family and she must uncover the truth to protect those she loves. Audrey Rose stops at nothing to prove the innocence of those around her and to find the true killer.
I gave this book 5 stars. I loved the writing, the pacing, the story, and the characters. It was a well rounded book and I felt it had all the aspects a book needs. Aside from that, I just really enjoyed reading this book. The emotions that this book invoked and the suspense practically glued the book to my hands.
I appreciated how well the story tied into the real case. The author used real clues and real images from the time period in the story. As we know, the identity of the real Jack the Ripper is unknown, but I feel that this story offered a possibility for who the killer could be. Overall, the story fit the time period very well and tied in all aspects of the case to make it more realistic.  
I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper for both the characters and the plot. It was the first book I completed this year, and it was a good start to a hopefully wonderful reading year. I really enjoyed this book and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up in my top 10 of 2017.

Comments