A Court of Mist and Fury Spoiler Free Review

A Court of Mist and Fury Review
Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two. (Image and synopsis from Goodreads)
Hey y’all! In my preparations for ACOWAR, I decided to reread both ACOTAR and ACOMAF! I just posted a spoiler free review of ACOTAR, so if you have not read ACOMAF, go ahead and check that one out! This will contain spoilers for ACOTAR.
This book was so incredibly good! I thought I loved ACOTAR, I thought it was one of my favorite books, but that was before I met ACOMAF. This book blows all books out of the water! It was absolutely fantastic!
First of all, let’s talk about Feysand! I used to be the biggest Feylin shipper, but after ACOMAF, I am never looking back. Rhys and Feyre and so perfect for each other and I love them so much! He gives her space and time to heal and he respects her decisions. I had not realised how abusive Tamlin was until we met Rhys. He might have been good for the before Feyre, but now she needs someone who can let her grow and not lock her up. The relationship between Feyre and Rhys  developed so beautifully and I loved how happy they made each other!
My new favorite bookish friend group is by far the Inner Circle. I love the dynamic between all the characters! The respect and trust they have for one another, coupled with the humor and history is so amazing! They are such an interesting group and I came to love each and everyone of them. At first, I was unsure of them, but seeing how they were a family and how they each slowly divulged themselves to Feyre, I came to treasure each of them.
As for the plot, Sarah J. Maas did it again! There were so many plot twists I would have never seen coming! This book came out of the left field and was such a pleasant surprise. I can normally predict where a book is going, but I never saw where this one ended up. I really enjoyed the progression of the story and how it answers so many questions that were raised in the first book.
There are so many things that this book did right. The first of which is showing a main character that went through a traumatic experience and did not walk out the same. A major theme in this book is dealing with the PTSD many of the characters now have. The book showed  them struggling with terrors caused from their time under the mountain. It also shows Feyre with depression, almost suicidal. You don’t realize how bad it is until she slowly begins to recover. She had stopped eating, stopped caring about anything. Also, as mentioned above, Feyre was in an abusive relationship with Tamlin. He added so much to her pain, both emotionally and physically. These parts were all hard to read, but it was incredibly refreshing to see the characters so real and so raw.
I had a wonderful time reading this book. It is now one of my all time favorites! I gave it 5/5 stars. If you have not read this series yet, I highly recommend you do. It is fabulous!

Have you read A Court of Mist and Fury? What did you think about it? Please comment below. I would love to hear from you!

Comments