May Wrap Up

  
May Wrap Up
I had a crazy good reading month in May! I thought that my TBR was too ambitious, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I was able to read. I had lots of tests this month, so that gave me lots of free time to read (not study…). I read a grand total of 12 books this month. I have reviews of a lot of them up on this blog, so if you would like more information, go check those out!
The first book I finished was Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. It is the third book in the Throne of Glass series. This series follows Celena, an assassin, as she competes to become the King’s Assassin. These books also have lots of Fae elements, as well as romance and action. That is all I can give away without spoiling the series, but I will tell you that this one is my favorite of the entire series. I gave it 5/5 stars (although I want to give it 17).  
Then, I read Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. It is the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series. Again, we follow Celaena and friends as they go on lots of adventures and fight lots of people. I gave this one 5/5 stars, as well.
Next, I read Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas. It is the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series. I gave this one 5/5 stars (are we surprised?). Also, how am I expected to wait until 2018 for the next book? This is too much Sarah, too much.
After those, I read Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. This is a contemporary novel that was made into a movie this month! I have a full spoiler free review up, so go ahead and check that out. I gave this book 4/5 stars. I really enjoyed it, but there were a few problems. I go into more detail in my review. (Find review here)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas was the next book I read. This was a re-read for me. I read it last year and enjoyed it, and I loved it just as much (if not more) the second time around. I gave this one 5/5 stars both the first and second times I read it. I have a full review of this up on this blog! (Find review here)
Afterwards, I continued by re-read by reading A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I gave it 5/5 stars because it is my favorite book of all time. I also have a spoiler free review of ACOMAF on this blog! (Find review here)
Then I finally made it to A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas! This book was phenomenal and I gave it 5/5 stars! I have a spoilery review on the blog- do not read it unless you have read the book. (Find review here)
Then, Lord of Shadows came out! I loved this book! I have a review up with a non-spoiler and a spoiler section. This book was amazing and I gave it 5/5 stars, but what else would I expect from Cassandra Clare! (Find review here)
After all of this high fantasy, I needed to break it up with a cute contemporary, which I found in The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi. It was a quick, cute read and I loved it! I gave it 5/5 stars! It is one of the best contemporaries I have ever read! I have a review coming for this one next week, so stay tuned if you are interested in more of my thoughts!
I then read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart in one sitting. This wasn’t the most amazing book ever, but the writing style and the suspense had my hands glued to the book. After much deliberation, I gave it 3.5/5 stars. I didn’t really know how to feel after reading this one.
The next book I read was Simon vs. The Homosapien’s Agenda by Becky Albertelli. I read this book because Becky is my middle school chorus teacher’s sister, so I felt obligated to give it a shot. I did not love the plot of this book, but I loved the characters and the setting. Simon and his friends are so cute! Plus, I live in Atlanta, and I could relate to so much in this book (i.e. Homecoming, Waffle House, Chick-fil-a, country music, the Varsity, Perimeter Mall). Overall, I gave it 3.5/5 stars. It was cute, fast, and relatable, but it took me awhile to get into it.
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales was the next book that I read. This book was amazing! I think that we can all find a piece of ourselves in this book. It is now one of my all time favorite contemporaries! I gave it 5/5 stars and absolutely recommend that you read it!
TBR check in: I read 7/8 of the books on my May TBR. Check out that blog post to see what I had originally planned on reading this month. (Find it here)

I read a lot of amazing books this month! I would say this is one of my best reading months ever, both in quantity and ratings! What books did you read this month? Please comment below. I would love to hear from you!

Comments