June Wrap Up


June Wrap Up
Y’all. Remember in my TBR I was talking about what a great reading month I was going to have. Yeah, I read 1 book. And half of it I had read in May. I tried reading so many books, but nothing was working for me. I also got a job and watched 3 seasons of Gilmore Girls, so a lot of my reading time was being used. I am hoping to do better in July, but I am travelling a lot, so no promises. Without further ado, let's get into my (kinda depressing) wrap up!
The one book I read this month was The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson, which is the first book in the Remnant Chronicles. I liked this book a lot, but not enough to continue the series. There were lots of down moments, and just when I felt like giving up, something big would come out of the blue. I loved the concept for this book and the world building, but the overall plot fell short. It was an incredibly character driven novel, but I had been hoping for some more action. I gave it 3.5/5 stars total.
I DNF’d a lot of books this month. The first of which being the second book in the Remnant Chronicles. I found myself not caring that much anymore. Then, I tried reading These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly. I liked this book, but my loan from the library expired and I didn’t want to renew it. Lastly, I tried The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon. I did not like this book all that much. The changing perspectives and the insta love and the way the characters were developed just weren’t doing it for me.
Then yesterday, it clicked. I picked up An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and loved it! I’m not done yet, so tune in next month for my thoughts, but I figured that there should be a light at the end of the tunnel.
What books (or book) have you read (or not read) this month? Please comment below! I would love to hear from you!

Comments