Mid-Year Book Freak Out

  

Mid-Year Book Freak Out
Wow! It is already half way through the year! Crazy! So far in 2017 I have read 32 books, 21 have been 5 stars, 7 were 4 stars, and 4 of them got 3 stars. 4 of those books I have read were rereads and 1 I listened to on audiobook (it was my first experience with audio and I did not like it).
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. This is my favorite Sarah J. Maas book so far, I love it!
2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. This duology was so well done and it is now a life time favorite! I have a review up about it if you are interested! Find it here.
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan and Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh. May was crazy for new releases and I am still not caught up yet!
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Either Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas or One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake.
5. Biggest disappointment.
And I Darken by Kristen White. I have a review up that explains why I didn’t love it. Find it here.
6. Biggest surprise.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I loved Fangirl, but I wasn’t sure how her writing would translate to fantasy. But, boy was I wrong to doubt, this book was fabulous! Again, I wrote a review for this one, so for more of my thoughts, go check it out! Find it here.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
I have to go with Sarah J. Maas. I had read ACOTAR and ACOMAF last year, but I read her ToG series and reread the ACOTAR series this year. She is now one of my all time favorite authors!
8. Newest fictional crush.
Chaol from Throne of Glass. I don’t even know where to start, he is so perfect! I am super excited to have a book all about him now!
9. Newest favourite character.
Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn. I want to be her best friend! She is so brave, intelligent, and kind!
10. Book that made you cry.
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare. The ending of this one messed me up! I have a review up for this one, too! Find it here.
11. Book that made you happy.
Simon vs. the Homosapien’s Agenda by Becki Albertelli. Simon is adorable and so funny! Plus, this book is set in my hometown, so all of the references to places around Atlanta made me so happy!
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
The 13 Reasons Why Netflix show. It was not a lot like the book, but it was incredibly done. I have a blog post that reviews and compares the show and book. Find it here.
13. Favourite review you've written this year.
My The Night We Said Yes Review. I thought I did a really good job with this one, plus it is a lesser known book in this community, so I was excited to review it! Find it here.
14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year.
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. For some reason I am obsessed with the cover!
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Other than the new releases I mentioned, I am not hard set on finishing anything else.

My Reading Goals Check In:
Read 50 books: So far I’m 32/50 and on track to finish ahead of my goal!
Buy less books: That has definitely happened! You can check out my book hauls to see what I have bought this year!
Read 5 classics: I am 2 for 5 right now. I read Romeo and Juliet last semester and am currently reading Their Eyes Were Watching God.
Post twice a week on this blog: This has more or less happened.
Finish Harry Potter: 5 for 7, but I will not be finishing. I have a blog post up on why. Find it here.
Finish The Vampire Academy: 3 for 6. I don’t know if I will make it. I like to read these to break up my high fantasy sprints, but it is not a high priority.
Reread PJO: More than likely not happening.  

What is your favorite book so far this year? Comment down below! I would love to hear from you!

Comments